Unfortunately, our supplement supplier raised the prices and purchasing requirements; as a small company, we can not meet their demands for purchasing. We are currently looking into other Supplement’s that might be similar in quality, but until then, we will not be offering supplements at all. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Please check back for possible updates.
We will no longer provide supplements as a purchase option, and understand that the Defense supplement is being discontinued completely. So we thought we could provide some other ideas that you can follow up on and try.
Defense with Tsi-Agha-
The Tsi-Agha mushroom actually uses the body’s Vitamin C and D stores to balance, create, and multiply the white blood cells, where as the act of any essential oil will only stimulate what the body already has, including Vitruvian’s Immunity Blend. If the immune system is low, it doesn’t give the essential oils much to work with. That is why people have been drawn to the supplement Defense, or more importantly, the Tsi-Agha mushroom. You can read more about it here.
While Defense was a great supplement, most people do not know that the Tsi-Agha mushroom is just another name for the Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus). This mushroom can be purchased by itself and produce great results. A simple google search for “Chaga” should help you find products with the same mushroom. Try and get it already capsuled or powdered, because the mushroom gets rock hard when dried and is very difficult to break up and work with. It is best to take the Chaga mushroom in a capsule or as an extract.
Here are a few external links that offer the Chaga mushroom and will get you started on your search:
- So far, the North American Herb & Spice Company ChagaMax supplement seems to be the go to alternative to Defense, that others are finding works well for them.
- Host Defense is another supplement that others are seeing offers great results. It includes the Chaga mushroom and several other mushrooms that helps balance the immune system.
- www.michiganmushrooms.net A very reputable site that only focuses on mushrooms.
- www.iherb.com carries several supplements containing chaga.
- For ease of use, you can take it as an alcohol extract/tincture. The alcohol will draw the proper constituents and tannins that are part of building the immune system.
If you decide you want to try and re-create the Defense supplement, here is a baseline recipe to get started with, links provided:
Mock Defense Recipe
- 2 oz. Chaga Mushroom Powder
- 1/2 oz Allicin of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 oz. Muscadine Grape Seed Powder
- 15 ml. Black Cumin Essential Oil
- Size ‘0’ Gel capsules
- Mix powders together. Add Black Cumin Essential Oil just until powder starts binding together. It should still be powder-like, not wet.
- Pack mixture into size ‘0’ gel capsule and tamp down one time, then place cap on. Approximately 1/8 teaspoon.
- You can use a capsule filler (size 0) or a capsule scoop to make it easier.
We hope this information will help you on your journey to a healthy life, and that you will come back to us for the essential oils, herbal teas, and salve that we offer!!
A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as minerals, fatty acids, fiber, amino acids, or vitamins that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantity in a person’s diet.
Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while in others define them as drugs or natural health products.