Description: The Herbal Healing Salve is formulated with an effective blend of herbs and natural ingredients to heal and soothe the skin. It is perfect for minor scrapes, cuts, chapped lips, bug bites, or other skin irritations. The herbs in this salve offer antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help prevent infection, speed healing, and relieve pain. It helps support healing for cuts, wounds, abrasions, as well as sunburns, scalds, and stings. Effective for relief from itching and pain caused by psoriasis, eczema, and all irritated skin conditions. This all purpose healing salve is very effective in replenishing and soothing cracked and dry skin. No need to get a separate burn salve, separate anti-itch salve, etc, because our Herbal Healing Salve will serve all your skin needs.
Individual Ingredient Description:
- Comfrey: (Symphytum officinale) Comfrey contains the small organic molecule allantoin, which stimulates cell growth and repair while simultaneously depressing inflammation. The allantoin helps give Comfrey its nickname as the “bone plant” or “knitbone” because it encourages the growth of muscle, cartilage, and bone. Comfrey works as a strong contact healer, this herb mends wounds and speeds healing. Relieves pain and immediately helps to grow new flesh. Use comfrey to help with bruises, broken bones, sprains, arthritic joints and pain, bunions, severe burns, acne and other skin conditions.
- Calendula: (Calendula officinalis) Calendula helps cuts, scrapes, abrasions, scalds, blisters, acne, rashes (including diaper rash), chicken pox outbreaks, and athlete’s foot. Native Americans would rub the fresh flowers directly on a bee sting to relieve the pain. Calendula also has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Burdock Root: (Arctium lappa) Burdock Root contains polyacetylenes that gives the herb its antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal properties. It is known to soothe the aches and pains of arthritis, alleviate excess water weight and help to keep the skin clear and healthy. It can relieve boils, carbuncles, canker sores, eczema, psoriasis, skin cancers, bug bites, sores, poison oak, poison ivy, swellings, leprosy, burns, wounds and hemorrhoids.
- Plantain: (Plantago major) Plantain has stringent/drawing properties which are great for poison ivy and insect bites or stings. Plantain’s refrigerant qualities soothe and cool sores, ulcers, and hemorrhoids. It is considered an anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal. It can repair damaged tissue, treat bruises and broken bones.
- Mullein: (Verbascum thapsus) Mullein has anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties. It soothes skin irritations, such as rashes, boils, and even chilblains. It is used for bruises and to relieve arthritic and rheumatic conditions. Mullein’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties make it perfect for hemorrhoids and cold sores.
- Lobelia: (Lobelia inflata) Lobelia is applied to the skin for muscle pain, joint lumps associated with rheumatoid arthritis (rheumatic nodules), bruises, sprains, insect bites, poison ivy, and ringworm. It has long been used to treat poisonous stings and bites.
- Chickweed: (Stellaria media) Containing anti-inflammatory properties, Chickweed is popularly used to promote healing and soothe irritated tissues. As an anti-itch herb, it can be used to treat the red, itchy rash caused by contact with poison ivy and poison oak, and for healing insect stings and bites.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: (Rosmarinus officinalis) Strong anti-inflammatory properties to help with swelling and inflammation of abrasions. Assists with aching muscles, arthritis, dandruff, dull skin, muscle cramping, poor circulation, rheumatism. Is also a natural preserver.
- Olive Oil: (Olea europaea) Olive Oil contains polyphenol compounds that act as antioxidants to help prevent and repair damage to the skin done by accidental sun exposure. Olive oil contains vitamin A ,E, minerals and antioxidants, in particular squalene, an excellent emollient and antioxidant, compatible with skin and containing high levels of collagen. It is considered an anti-inflammatory, while it moisturizes and soothes the skin.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil: (Cocos nucifera) Fractionated Coconut oil is made up of medium chain fatty acids that kill bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, fungi, protozoa, and parasites. FCO kills skin infections such as Staphylococcus aureus and Ringworm, while working as an anti-inflammatory.
- Beeswax: Provides a good consistency to the salve even in the high heat of summertime and provides a light, protective barrier on your skin to help promote faster healing.
Herbal Healing Salve, 2oz